Simply delicious, only if you like Frangipane and Apricot!
Frangipane Apricot Tart
1 recipe for sweet tart dough
1.5 kg (3 pounds) Apricot, quartered
1 large egg
⅓ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
100 grams (½ cup) ground almond
50 gram (4 tablespoon) unsalted butter, soften
- Preheat the oven to 375⁰F
- Roll out the pastry to fit a 9 inches round tart pan. Trim the excess, place the pan in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
- To make the frangipane: beat the sugar and the butter until pale, add the egg, beat another minute before adding vanilla extract. Fold in the ground almond.
- Take out the pastry from the refrigerator, spread the frangipane evenly over the pastry, arrange the apricot quarters over the frangipane, standing them up with the eges upward in a concentric circle overlapping them slightly to cover the frangipane completely.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden brown. Un mold and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before serving.