Yes, you guess right!
This is a traditional shortbread galette from Charente, Brittany!
Recipe adapted from "Paris Boulangerie Patisserie"
Written by Linda Dannenberg
250 grams all - purpose flour
125 grams soften unsalted butter, cut into pieces
100 grams sugar
1 tablespoon ice cold water
pinch of salt
Egg wash: 1 egg yolk + 1 teaspoon milk, beaten with fork
sliced blanched almond
- In a large mixing bowl, place flour, butter, sugar, ice cold water and salt. rubs the butter with all other ingredients together with your fingertip until the mixture resemble coarse crumb.
- Gather the dough into a ball, flatten into a disc, wrap with plastic then refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Roll the dough into 8" inches circle, transfer to a cookie sheet. Score the surface into criss cross pattern. If desire, you can also create a scalloped pattern around the edge of the dough. Glaze with egg wash and scatter slice almond over the dough.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let the galette cool completely before serving.