I don't have anymore blackberry in my garden, this was the last one that I picked. Surprisingly enough, they're the sweetest!
Nothing taste better then a homemade pie
1 lb (more or less) blackberries
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbs unsalted butter, cut into chunks
zest of 1 lemon
a pinch of salt
Demerara sugar for sprinkling (optional)
Egg wash= 1 egg lightly beaten with 1 tbs milk or water
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Roll 1 batch of the pastry dough to fit into 9" tart pan that has been buttered. Refrigerated while you work on the filling.
- Combine the blackberry, sugar, lemon zest and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Roll the remaining batch of the pastry dough into into desire thickness, then cut into 1/2 inch wide strip.
- Remove the tart cell from refrigerator, add the blackberry mixture, dot with butter.
- Beginning in the center and working outward, lay the pastry strip on top of the tart and to make lattice pattern.
- Brush with egg wash, sprinkle with demerara sugar and bake for 35 - 45 minutes.
* If you are using my recipe for the sweet pastry or simple pastry, you will need 2 batches of this dough, unless if you plan to make a just regular tart (without the top crust) then 1 batch should be suffcient.