Never been nominated or won an award before, this is my first award and I hope it will not be the last.
I was very surprised and immensely blissful at the same time, when Susan doughmesstic sent me an e-mail to let me know that she nominated me for Arte Y Pico award. As you all know, Susan is the creator and the master mind behind My Kitchen My World blog event. An event that will take your culinary journey across the globe, tasting and creating the food, learning the culture through its cuisine. Indeed, is a good way to bring the world closer to us. So please join us for this exciting event!
Arte Y Pico, which I believe means Peak of Art, is a blog award for art and creativity. The award has rules as follow:
- Pick 5 blogs who deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material and who also contribute to the blogging community no matter what language.
- Each award must have the name of the author and also a link to their blog.
- Each award winner must show the award and put the name and the link to the blog that has given her or him the award.
- The award winner and the one who has given the prize must show the link of the “Arte y Pico“ blog so everyone will know the origin of this award.
- You must show these rules.
I love all of my fellow bloggers and how hard it is to choose only 5 of them to be nominated. After much of consideration, these are the people that I carefully chose for the Arte Y Pico award.
- Keiko @ "nordljus" for her stunningly beautiful photographs and the story behind them. Her blog is inspiring.
- Duncan @ "Syrup and Tang, his food and travel blog is very informative, impeccably good writing (he's a writter afterall) and his photography is indescribably stunning.
- David @ "davidlebouvitz", his blog is so much fun to read with so much information about food, recipes as well as travel especially in and around Paris. The other thing I like about his blog is his recipes and tips on how to make them work! He is also pretty hilarious!
- Budi @ Budiboga, he always provides a wealth information about Indonesian food and also good information about the indigenous Indonesian food or ingredients that are otherwise disappearing and being replace by Genetically Modified Food, canned products and fast food. He also provide the reader with good information on nutrition and the benefits of certain ingredients. Going to his blog is like being in the classroom with a good down to earth teacher.
- Ayin @ "agsfoods", reading her blog is like reading a book on humor, she is the wittiest girl I've ever known. You can literally crawl on the floor laughing out loud. She is hilarious, never shies away from using both Javanese and Indonesian slang. Her devotion to, and love and knowledge of Indonesian food is amazing, considering that Indonesian ingredients are not widely available in Norway. She doesn't let the obstacles get in her way of cooking Indonesian food. I really admire her for her effort to introduce Indonesian food through her blog. I personally have tasted many of her authentic recipes and they really taste delicious.
I present my favorite flower "Gloriosa Lily" to Susan, because I can't thank you enough!